I never knew that Sen. Claro M. Recto was such a great man overshadowed by so much hullabaloo in Philippine History and trivial media endorsements of who-so-ever might get the consumers mesmerized, much like how Pepe Diokno was overshadowed by media endorsements of "those politicians" and so-called "heroes". Here's another benchmark I just met this morning: Senator Claro M. Recto. (in reference to Prof. Renato Constantino's "The Making of a Filipino: a story of Philippine Colonial Politics")
“I place in your hands... this message to the Filipino youth from one whose authority is a firm conviction and a lifelong experience, and who in his declining years still loves to plant trees knowing that he will never sit in their shades but happy in the thought with Tacio, the philosopher that in the distant future one may say of him and the nationalists of his time there were those who kept vigil in the night of our forefathers.” -Recto's epitaph
"His (Recto's) development proved that only the decolonized Filipino is a real Filipino."
- Renato Constantino, The Making of a Filipino
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free...it expects what never was and never will be." - Thomas Jefferson
So how do I decolonize minds?
Or rather, first and foremost, how should I decolonize my mind??? ><
#the hardcore reflections
I CAN'T BE WEAK.
Walang komento:
Mag-post ng isang Komento